If you prefer, you can download these instructions as a PDF document:
Welcome to your Microsoft 365 Account with Fielding
The following pages contain step-by-step instructions for activating your new Microsoft 365 account with Fielding:
NOTE: You will need your cell phone to complete these activation steps.
1. Go to the website: portal.office.com
2. Under Sign in, type in your NEW email address and click on Next.
NOTE: Do not select "No account? Create one!" - your account has already been created by Fielding IT. Do not create a new account - use your new email to sign in!
Your new email address has the same username you used with your Gmail, but with a different ending. Instead of <username>@email.fielding.edu, you will now use <username>@fielding.edu
Example: if your Gmail was email@example.com, your new email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Enter your password and click Sign in:
Use the same password you use when logging into Moodle or My.Fielding.edu. You will not use your Gmail password.
Secure your account with Multifactor Authentication
Before getting into your new Microsoft 365 account, you will need to set-up Multifactor Authentication to secure your account.
If you use online banking, you are likely already familiar with Multifactor Authentication, or MFA. MFA adds a layer of security to your account by sending a verification code to your phone or device by text message.
1. Click on “I want to set up a different method” to have Microsoft send you a text code to your cell phone for authentication:
2. Click on Next:
3. Under "Which method would you like to use?" select Phone from the list:
4. Click Confirm:
5. Enter your cell phone number, select Text me a code and then click Next:
Once you click Next, a text code will be sent to the phone number you entered.
6. Enter the code that you received on your cell phone and click Next:
7. Your identity as the user for your new account has now been authenticated. - click Next:
8. Success! Click Done:
9. Click on Yes to stay signed in:
Welcome to your MS 365 dashboard!
After completing the sign-in steps, you will be in your new Microsoft 365 account with Fielding. You can also log into your account at https://www.microsoft365.com/ using your login credentials:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Your Fielding Password (Same password used for logging into Moodle and WebAdvisor).
Click on the App Menu icon in the upper left to see your full suite of Microsoft 365 tools: Outlook for email, OneDrive for document storage, Word for document creation and collaboration, etc.
Click on the Outlook icon to see your emails. All emails have been copied from your Gmail account to your new Outlook account.
Note: Fielding will continue to forward any emails sent to your Gmail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) through December 2024.
- Outlook will open up in your browser. The arrow is pointing to your email folders:
- Click the top left of the screen to view your other Microsoft 365 apps. This is how you will get to your files that were copied over from Google Drive to OneDrive:
- To see your folders and files, open your OneDrive:
- Click on “My files”. This will display files you had in Google Drive. If you are missing any files, please send us a support ticket at support.fielding.edu
- If you previously shared files or folders from Google, you will need to re-share them:
Sharing permissions are not copied from Google to Microsoft, so if you have shared any files or folders, you will need to RE-share them from OneDrive. Likewise, if anyone shared a document with your old @email.fielding.edu address, they will need to share the document again using your new email address.
This concludes the instructions for signing into your account, entering your MFA code for security, and accessing Outlook and OneDrive.
Much more information is available at support.fielding.edu
including FAQs and links to training videos.